Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Today

I don't know what I should feel today. I haven't technically gotten up yet, so maybe it's too early to know for sure. A year ago, I thought a day wouldn't pass without tears. I was right, for a while. But there have been many days I didn't cry, although not a single day I didn't think about how things should be different.

Oh Taylor, do you know how loved you were from the moment you were conceived? Do you know how radically you changed our lives? And although I've doubted almost everything about my life over the last year, I never doubted you or my love for you. I'd have gladly traded whatever was asked of me for you to be born, go to school, have your first kiss, celebrate your 90th birthday. I don't know why I never got to hold you, but I'll never accept any answer other than because life's not fair. You are forever etched on my heart. Always know that no matter how much time passes, no matter what happens to me from this day forward, that will never change. And as life goes on, the world will forget, but I will never forget you. I love you.

1 comment:

  1. Hugs! Remembering you and Taylor today. Happy Angel Birthday Taylor.

    ReplyDelete